Senior Event Manager
Our established client is seeking a full-time permanent Senior Event Manager to work in their events production department. The successful candidate will assist with management and delivery of larger and more complex multi-faceted events.
- Working alongside and advising the account manager as to how to feedback any event planning updates so that they can be passed onto the client.
- Assist with management and delivery of larger and more complex multi-faceted events such as; incentive trips, test drive campaigns, training events, brand partnerships and experiential activations.
- Work alongside internal stakeholders to manage the event management process from conception, planning, execution to reconciliation.
- Proactively recognize the requirement and management of the creation of bespoke event templates.
- There will be opportunities to project lead on some mid-scale events throughout the year, with the guidance and support of other members of the team.
- Ability to coordinate the design, production and installation of projects.
- Managing existing supplier relationships as well as sourcing new / alternative suppliers when required. Achieving cost efficiencies / profitability through supplier negotiation and management.
- Ensure that all suppliers and contractors are working to their health and safety documentation.
- Venue sourcing to suit the given brief and requirements, under the guidance of the account manager and senior member of Production team. Undertake decision-making site visits as required.
- Work with the inhouse talent team to source and appoint suitable casual event staff. Onsite management of these staff, ensuring they have the necessary skills and presentation for their designated role. Assisting with the interviewing and training where necessary.
- A solid understanding of event kits/ assets and the logistical implications of use.
- Assist with communication of all organisational event assets to all suppliers & promotional event staff.
- Confidently work alongside other senior members of the Production team to manage and control budgets per projects.
- A strong awareness and exposure to Health and Safety procedures and best practice. IOSH qualified.
- Able to write own health and safety documentation for mid-scale projects.
- Draw upon experience and provide guidance to Event Managers and Event Coordinators within the team.
Qualities, Competencies & Background
- You are passionate about the events industry and highly motivated.
- You understand that being onsite at event times can mean long days and requires mental and physical stamina.
- You are resourceful, self-starting and have an excellent use of initiative.
- You are versatile, organized and flexible with excellent multi-tasking skills.
- You love spreadsheets and have an eye for spelling, punctuation and you take pride in the style of all documents that you work on.
- You are computer literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- You are a confident communicator (both verbal and written), capable of building strong, supportive relationships both internally and externally.
- You have attention to detail and work to a high standard.
- You can prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- You have a full drivers licence, are confident driving a van when required and you are happy to get stuck into loading or unloading equipment.
- Your dream job is a long-term role that you can sink your teeth into and help shape the future of a growing team within an even faster growing business.
Key Words: Senior Event Manager, Event Manager, Events, Marketing, Logistics, Events Management
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.