Organisation Design Lead – 18 month FTC
Location: Milton Keynes / Hybrid
Our client is currently seeking an Organisation Design Lead to join their People Services team.
As an Organisation Design Lead you will be the go-to subject matter expert on organisation design activities, partnering closely with senior leaders, functional leads, the Centre of Expertise and People Business Partners to drive the development of sustainable organisation design, helping move to the right size and shape to meet the challenges of the future. You will work closely with People Services colleagues and other key stakeholders to develop the operating model and organisation design offering, including institutional design philosophy, principles and approach, as well as institutional methodologies, playbooks and toolkits.
- Work with the People Services Leadership team, the Centres of Expertise and wider enabling functions across the organisation to develop our operating model and organisation design
- Guide development of the institutional design philosophy, principles, governance and approach, including best practice methodologies, playbooks and toolkits.
- Support the delivery of operating model and organisation designs that span multiple units across the business in collaboration with the People Business Partners, as the expert on OD for singular unit operating model redesign.
- Develop a solid understanding of organisation design initiatives across the business, to support on-going alignment of activity, identifying interdependencies and acting as a bridge between units on cross-functional organisation design matters.
- Own and champion Org Design methodologies amongst our population, instilling best practice approaches in the way we envision and design the organisation. Using your subject matter expertise to coach colleagues, and grow the organisation design community and capability, ensuring this becomes a shared capability.
- Work with the Centres of Expertise to support creation of the Job Architecture framework to enable more holistic and data-informed designs, planning and decision making.
- Explore establishment of org design governance mechanism(s) as appropriate, to ensure we design in line with our organisational strategy.
- Explore the options for the use of market-leading software and technology which will aid future organisation design modelling and interventions.
- Proactively challenge our thinking and the status quo, and when needed constructively pushing us out of our comfort zones
- Significant experience in organisational design, operating model and business transformation, deployed in large complex organisations. Experience in a Higher Education context, but not essential.
- Strong facilitation skills, with experience in designing and leading workshops.
- Able to balance established good practice with pragmatism and creativity. Someone who sees systemic and cultural barriers as an opportunity to try something new, with the drive and resilience to deliver.
- Ability to create pace and momentum in their own work and to bring others on board.
- Strong story-telling and communication skills.
- The credibility and the ability to influence at senior levels, and the ability to coach and guide colleagues.
- 33 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- attractive pension proposition
- Free parking
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions