Interactive Media Developer
Location: Milton Keynes
Our established client is seeking a full-time, Interactive Media Developer to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be an experienced software developer and will contribute to the development of interactive educational software for customers.
- The development of new interactive assets, interpreting a brief from academics and/or media production colleagues, and applying company standards and good practice.
- Working closely with members of the technical testing team to ensure that interactive assets are robust and accessible on multiple platforms.
- The maintenance of interactive assets deployed in live modules currently in use by customers and Associate Lecturers, including assets developed by others, and the possible re-use/re-versioning of existing assets on new modules.
- The deployment of interactive tools and features available on company’s virtual learning environment, making appropriate configuration changes where required.
- The provision of appropriate documentation for the interactive assets used, archiving code and using company’s systems and processes appropriately.
- Working closely within the project team, contributing specific technical expertise as it applies to technology-enhanced learning.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of good practice across the team in LDS Design, Development and Production, attending meetings as required.
- Taking responsibility for personal development activities.
- Educated to Degree level, or demonstrable equivalent experience (experience in software development).
- Previous experience in the effective specification, design, development, production or integration of software solutions and systems.
- A track record of successful delivery to specification within agreed schedule, resources and standards.
- Code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Background of designing for responsive web (or experience with responsive design).
- Modern software development practices.
- Data-driven development and processing (e.g. JSON, databases).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise in negotiating with clients regarding production constraints, and the ability to influence outcomes.
- Team-working capabilities in collaborating with colleagues, managers, and staff across the organisation.
- Ability to interpret a brief to produce appropriate creative solutions.
- Ability to deliver solutions which involve analysing complex conceptual/technical requirements.
- Ability to cope with pressure and unforeseen problems, and to offer pragmatic solutions to these.
- Confidence and ability to use initiative within a managed team, prioritising tasks according to deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to embrace new ideas, learn new skills and adapt to changing situations or requirements.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and trends in terms of tools, technologies, methods, market conditions and quality standards.
- Promote continuous improvement.
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.