Health and Safety Adviser
Location: Milton Keynes
Our established client is seeking a Health and Safety Adviser to be a part of the Health and Safety Team, providing professional support to the organisations community, delivering, and implementing policy. The Health and Safety team promote a positive health and safety culture and support exemplary practices, promoting a culture of safety first and monitoring compliance.
- Develop, review, and implement health and safety policies, arrangements and health and safety guidance in line with current health and safety legislation ensuring that any changes are communicated to relevant parties.
- Provide professional, competent, and timely advice
- Investigate accidents/incidents in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Contribute to the health and safety training needs across the organisation.
- Provide effective monitoring of health and safety performance.
- Develop and maintain the Health and Safety intranet website in liaison with other members of the Health and Safety team and other key stakeholders where applicable.
- Contribute to and develop health and safety communications including email, intranet, newsletters, updates, and seminars.
- Coordinate and liaise with People Services on policies and procedures that incorporate health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Undertake duties to support arrangements for display screen equipment when required.
Key skills and experience:
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in Maths and English
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NVQ 4/NVQ 5/6 in Health and Safety.
- Grad IOSH Membership.
- Proven experience of carrying out risk assessments.
- Experience of incident investigation.
- Experience of practical policy development and implementation.
- Experience of consulting with employees and representative bodies including trade unions.
- Experience of conducting safety inspections and audits.
- Experience of advising people on Health & Safety Policies and Operational standards.
- Able to interpret health and safety information to a range of staff with a range of understanding in terms of health and safety matters.
- 33 days holiday + BHs + Christmas closure
- Generous pension contributions
- Supportive working environment
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Excellent staff development opportunities
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.