Head of Business Development
Our reputable client based in Bedfordshire are currently seeking an experienced Head of Business Development to drive their strategy, with full ownership of the sales funnel across their product portfolio. The successful Business Development Director will be working closely with marketing and communications directors, taking an active role in lead generation strategy and conversion in both the corporate and direct market.
- Develop, own, and implement the business development strategy for the product range within the B2B and D2C space
- Production and oversight of commercial bids and tenders with values between £50, 000 and in excess of £1mn
- Representation of the client at industry events, along with direct relationship management at executive commercial levels
- Ownership and reporting of forecasted budget, stating within agreed parameters
- Analysis of monthly metrics to inform the business development strategy
- Team leadership and management
Key skills and Experience:
- A degree level qualification or equivalent experience in management, leadership, business or sales related subject
- Significant experience in higher education or a commercial environment
- Experience of managing a sales strategy, with evidence of growth
- Ability to manage budgets
- Development of sales strategy
- Commercial awareness and ability to communicate with senior business stakeholders
Key Words: Head of Business Development, Business Development Director, Senior Business Development Manager, Business Development Strategy, Conversion
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.