Desktop Support Engineer (6 month FTC)
Location: Milton Keynes
Our global client is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to join their team on a 6 month FTC. You will be working as part of a small team and play a key role in 1st line technical support to their UK based users providing excellent support in a friendly, can-do manner.
- Provide 1st line support in respect of laptop and desktop computers, VDI desktops, workstation peripherals, printers and telephony.
- Build and assign equipment for new starters.
- Monitor and respond to service requests via the helpdesk system.
- Support office desk moves ensuring all computer equipment is moved safely and with minimal downtime to users.
- Trouble shoot issues with permissions and access to resources.
- Work with the Systems Administrators to ensure that users are properly set up on the Microsoft Exchange email system.
- Undertake such other technical tasks as may be directed from time to time.
- A passion for technology.
- Experience of working in a similar role in a similar environment.
- Experience of using helpdesk software.
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude towards users and their issues.
- An ability to prioritise the workload and to work in a logical and organised fashion.
- The ability to work as part of a small team alongside the willingness to work on own initiative.
The role will focus on desktop support and will not require detailed knowledge of the full technology infrastructure. The role holder will be working in an environment which includes:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Internet Information Services 8.5, 10
- VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016 including Always-On
- Azure and on-prem Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365 administration including Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive
Key Words: Desktop Support Engineer, helpdesk, I.T. support, technology.
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.