Location: Milton Keynes/Hybrid
Our established client is seeking a Credit Controller to join their busy team on a full-time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing debtor accounts in an assigned portfolio of customers, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, resolving account queries, and managing debt recovery.
- Ensure customers pay to terms
- Maximize aged debt collection
- Work closely alongside stakeholders to minimize risk whilst supporting business growth
- Support the evaluation of customer credit limits
- Ensure customers pay to terms and chase any overdue invoices
- Process incoming funds & maintain the reconciliation of accounts
- Manage account queries to resolution
- Maintain the credit-control system and processes in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance colleagues
- Check customer’s credit and approve or decline applications based on company standards and requirements
- Maintain accurate master data records
- Work closely with the Credit Manager to improve and implement debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal proceedings if necessary.
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience within a busy Credit Control / Sales Ledger function
- Experience of controlling ledgers in excess of £5m
- Working knowledge of Credit reference agencies and associated technologies
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- The ability to listen to customers and negotiate solutions
- ICM level III or working towards
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience of the catering industry
Key words: Credit Controller, Debtor accounts, Credit Manager, Credit Assistant,
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.