Client Development Director
Location: Remote/Commutable to London
Our growing client is seeking a full-time, permanent Client Development Director to join their team. The successful candidate will act as a client-facing team member, growing the pipeline, client base and maintaining great relationships to provide the company with clients for life. The Client Development Director will have overall responsibility for the UK sales and account management; helping to develop and implement the new business sales strategy and drive sustained business growth, whilst maintaining client retention.
- Client interaction
- Building and maintaining strong tactical and strategic relationships with the client
- Manage and coordinate the pre-renewal and renewal process
- Report on and communicates progress to internal partners on all key client performance indicators.
- Identify new growth opportunities, primarily via a committed focus on and staying attuned to sales activity/trends for existing accounts
- Facilitate, design, and manage cross-functional project plans to ensure successful new client launches and current client initiatives
- Handle client queries and liaise with internal departments when necessary, ensuring a professional working relationship is adhered to.
- Create the story to show ROI to client through clear and precise reporting
- Business growth and entrepreneurship
- Create, implement, and drive the business development sales strategy to deliver sustained and profitable business growth
- Conduct successful face-to-face meetings with clients and work to understand their objectives and business plans
- Adept at gaining client trust and nurturing new and existing accounts with a clear strategy to organically grow them
- Prospect, building pipeline and selling digital, onsite concierge and community management services
- Engage with HRD/CEO prospects to position the company’s strategic value proposition and drive deals to closure
- Document daily activity in Salesforce to track sales and account performance
- Attend roadshow events/run online webinars where relevant and appropriate
- Create reports and regularly report to the MD and wider senior management team
- Manage, support, and develop business development manager and account managers as and when growth allows
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade
- A superb grasp of the English language, both written and oral
- Confident in arranging pitches
- Excellent time management skills
- 5+ years sales/growth experience
- Degree educated with minimum seven years’ experience in account management, preferably in employee benefits, well-being, or service industry
- Natural skill for building relationships
- Problem solver
- Ability to spot a trend or opportunity, then take ownership to act quickly and effectively.
- Ability to play a key role in taking an early-stage business up to the next level and can bring natural energy, quick thinking, and enthusiasm.
- Experience selling into HR/Business leaders and understands how to make culture a compelling issue for them
- Experience in analysing your prospective client’s business needs and able to translate them into relevant, commercially viable solutions
- Track record of exceeding sales, managing multi-stakeholder sales cycles and closing large 6 figure deals
- Strong organisational capability and specific experience with enterprise account planning
- Ability to identify strategic client pains and develop unique and compelling value propositions that focus on delivering business value to the client
- A strong focus on building relationships and working within a team-selling environment
Key Words: Client Services, Client Director, Sales, Business Development, Employee Benefits
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Sales, Marketing and Creative fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.