Location: Milton Keynes
Our client is currently recruiting for a permanent, full time Buyer/Sourcing Manager with experience in an online retail, buying or catalogue/range management role. You will enjoy the opportunity to manage your own suppliers and to work as part of a small, professional team. You will be required to deliver the best possible value for the business from allocated supplier and retailer relationships including effectively negotiating all terms, ensuring competitiveness within the marketplace, managing profit performance and utilising relevant information to support business proposals.
- Compile, analyse and interpret data to assist with margin management and provide a commercially viable, appealing range of merchandise (and other products) at competitive prices.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with suppliers to include negotiation and performance reviews to ensure excellent quality of service and adherence of SLAs and KPIs.
- Work with other inhouse teams.
- Lead operational implementation of new product campaigns from brief to launch, including assisting in the sales process where necessary.
- Pro-actively suggest process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of service and identify and implement Product enhancement opportunities.
- Accountability for driving the timely resolution of any Product issues.
- Provide training to Sales & Marketing with regards to selling and operating the products.
- Input into the technical development of the products and systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of external factors such as legislation, trademarks and taxation and implement any changes, amendments as required.
- Source new suppliers to improve upon the existing range.
- Support profitability and redemption targets as set by the company.
- Occasional unsocial hours with ad hoc overseas travel.
Key skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in an online retail, buying or range management role.
- Third party supplier/retailer relationship management.
- Experience of international product propositions.
- Product range specification and negotiation in an online retail or B2B environment.
- Previous experience of working with data and databases.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Ability to influence with strong negotiation skills.
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident, positive, and can-do attitude.
- Self-starter and ‘closer’ of projects.
- Troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to work in high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken as well as written).
- Full driver’s license
Key Words: Buyer, Sourcing Manager, Procurement, Suppliers, Relationship Management, Online retail, B2B.
FS1 Recruitment is a UK-based recruitment agency providing solutions within the Marketing, Creative, HR, Finance and IT fields for permanent, freelance and contract positions please contact us to discuss one of our many positions.
Our sector experience includes working with a range of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) companies within the Communications, Technology, Media, Leisure, Consumer Goods, Retailing, Food & Drink and Health & Beauty sectors for both Client and Agency side throughout the UK.